Sales & Procurement Executive
Consultant Peter Swinney
Date posted 21 June 2022auckland procurement-supply-chain/commercial-and-procurement 2022-06-27 2022-08-20 manufacturing-and-production Auckland Auckland NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be responsible for the administration and coordination of the sales order process, procuring services and equipment. You are responsible for invoicing as well as checking / confirming deliveries and invoices, expediting orders, data entry, stock control and other administrative duties for the business in NewZealand.
• Sales Administration:
- Process sales quotes and orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure customers are assisted at all times in a friendly and professional manner, by responding to queries and handling complaints as far as possible and requesting support from others where appropriate to best support customer needs.
- Advocate for customers and escalate any issues to the management team where required
- Ensure all data gathered from suppliers, customers and sales consultants is accurate (in relation to product codes, narratives, delivery addresses, contact details, etc)
- Assist with maintaining customer records and proactively update system records where required
- Support technical service department with service and warranty administration requirements and other administrative support.
- Assist with the stocktake process where required.
- Process return requests for items that need to be sent back to suppliers.
- Work with the Finance Team Leader on other duties when not engaged in customer service.
• Finance and Procurement:
- Ensure all sales orders meet financial approval levels and are in accordance with internal and external finance policies
- Raise purchase orders
- Process and track project costs using Project Accounting module(if available) in Propella
- Expedite and coordinate the delivery of urgent purchase orders with suppliers
- Raise purchase orders for items that are requested through a purchase requisition, or for items that are kept as stock items
- Update and raise new products in Propella when required
- Track the delivery of purchase orders sent to suppliers and inform all relevant stakeholders of potential delays
- Send customer order acknowledgements and update customers on ETA changes on regular basis.
- Process requests for direct shipments from suppliers to customers
- Follow up on non-conformances of goods received with suppliers and the Product Manager.
- Review and update pricing, locations, supplier details and other information for existing parts in the system
- Produce invoices, reports, and carry out related administrative duties including filing and internal document control.
- Process supplier invoices and prepare payment schedules.
- Create payment files in ERP and bank for further approval to release payments.
• Health, Safety & Environment:
- To abide by and promote the Company’s proactive safety & environmental awareness culture
- Follow all Company policies, procedures, training and instruction with a view to promoting the safety of all staff;
- Cooperate with management with a view to supporting safety and environmental improvement initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will be a administrative specialist with a good understanding of basic accounting principles in addition to purchasing, procurement and general sales operations
- Needs to be a great team player, able to work with an agile team both here and Australia
- Think on your feet and troubleshoot
- Career minded and ambitious - this role offers a great career journey through either finance, procurement or general operations.