Emergency and Continuity Manager
Consultant Rossana Lynn
Date posted 21 May 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Use your proven experience to create and operationalise emergency and disaster response plans whilst mentoring and growing a team.
Wellington City Council serve the residents and businesses of the city to meet their needs. They collaborate and consult to develop the city vision and its long-term plans.
The four pillars that make up Wellington City Council’s strategic vision are People-Centred City, Connected City, Eco-City and Dynamic City.
About the role:
This is a two-prong leadership role, where the Emergency and Continuity Manager will collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to develop emergency and disaster management plans, as well as business continuity plans to keep the Council running. The focus of this role is readiness and planning – this is not a role to lead the response, but to ensure the organisation can respond when the time comes.
Leading a team of two and sitting within a wider unit, the Emergency and Continuity Manager will encourage and work with the business to ensure they play their part in an emergency. Reporting to the Head of Legal and Risk, you will have the flexibility to develop and grow this opportunity.
- Formulate, deliver and review business continuity plans and policies
- Identify key performance indicators and regularly report on objectives
- Oversee the delivery of the operational readiness of emergency management
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the business and with key external stakeholders
- Mentor and support your team to grow capability
- Strong experience across planning and enhancing organisational business continuity and emergency response management
- Demonstrated leadership in an operational environment
- Ability to build lasting relationships, persuade and influence stakeholders
- Empathy and self-awareness in order to deliver strong leadership in the context of the team and the wider organisation.
- Competent manager able to build and lead a team
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or substantial experience in emergency and/or business continuity management
Surrounded by a high-performing, collaborative and fun team, this is your opportunity to ensure Wellington City can respond effectively to emergencies. You’ll also improve outcomes for the Council with effective business continuity planning. In return, you’ll have flexibility to do your job and a manager that will support your vision.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rossana Lynn on 04 471 9743.