Senior Operations Manager
Consultant Sean Patterson
Date posted 2 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Lead a productive, efficient and cost effective operation and ensure timely delivery of business objectives.
Our client is one of New Zealand’s most significant ports of import/export of trade and commodities both domestically and internationally.
The Senior Operations Manager will lead a productive, efficient and cost effective operation and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set objectives for the team including targets, budgets and challenges, and allocate responsibility for meeting objectives among own team, delegating where appropriate.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and make timely decisions to allow staff to implement agreed changes.
- Develop a team that gives of its best and is confident in its own ability to deliver business unit strategic and operational goals.
- Identify, coach and mentor talent within own team and individuals in the wider business to nurture potential, enable performance in current roles and prepare individuals for future challenges.
- Monitor the implementation of plans and progress against objectives and take the necessary action
- Proven experience in people management
- Ability to build positive relationships
- Resilience when under pressure
- Experience as a change agent or providing leadership through change
- Familiar with good Health and Safety practices, including human factors
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Senior Operations Manager to lead the organisation through an exciting period of change.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sean Patterson on 09 374 7317.