Transport Operations Manager
Consultant Bridget Clarke
Date posted 29 March 20192019-03-29 2019-05-28 transport-and-rail Wellington NZ NZD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
APEC involves a 12-month period of hosting from December 2020 to November 2021 and attracts up to 22,000 attendees to 12 significant events held throughout the year. APEC will bring decision-makers and leaders from across the Asia-Pacific together and will create significant opportunities for New Zealand to promote its economic interests with trading nations including China, the US and Japan.
You will be part of an all-of-government programme led by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, to plan and deliver a successful Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) which New Zealand will host in 2021. We are a small but rapidly growing team, our work is varied and demanding, and your planning and delivery of transport solutions for major international or government events – plus lots of initiative - will be relied upon every day.
To be successful in this role you will be an energetic self-starter capable of working as part of an integrated team but who is sufficiently experienced to work independently and achieve results on your own. You will be a person who has experience scoping the requirements to develop a high level transport plan. This plan will outline transport requirements for APEC Leaders, Ministers, VIPs, delegates and APEC21 operational staff attending all APEC events throughout the year. The APEC21 Transport Operations Manager is expected to procure suitable transport options for the APEC year. As you will have a critical role in delivering the transport plan during event year, your ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure will have been evidenced in a variety of previous situations.
We are in the early stages of a complex, cross-government programme and are laying the foundations to enable a large and diverse team to work effectively, and with agility. For the Programme to succeed, we need the support of a APEC21 Transport Operations Manager who will work alongside the workstream leads, project managers, teams and key partners from NZ Inc. agencies, councils and transport specialists to deliver in this fast-paced development environment.
You will offer us your:
• Previous experience delivering transport and infrastructure projects for a large international event
• Trained to a level 4 of the Coordinated Incident Management System (CIMS)
• Experience working on events or similar high pressured environments
• Sound understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering events and/or projects
• Relevant experience working on fleet management; transport planning and management; roster management; developing high level risk (and mitigation) registers.
• You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government Security clearance.
• You must hold a valid New Zealand driver’s licence.
• You must hold New Zealand citizenship.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Bridget Clarke on 04 471 9705.