Facilities Management Advisor
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-08 real-estate-and-property 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Joining MFAT in their Asset Management Division (AMD) team will give you the chance to be exposed to a complex offshore portfolio and work within one of NZ’s leading agencies.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) acts in the world to make New Zealand safer and more prosperous. We do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests and project New Zealand values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
The Ministry values are:
Impact: We achieve for New Zealand every day, everywhere.
Kotahitanga: We draw strength from our diversity.
Courage: We do the right thing.
Manaakitanga: We honour and respect others.
The Asset Management Division is responsible for leading the strategic and tactical asset planning and management of the Ministry’s properties and other assets. The Ministry has a network of 115 office and Official Residence premises overseas, providing facilities and work environments for staff to conduct the Government’s official business effectively. It also has approximately 250 offshore staff residential properties, assets, and vehicles.
About the role:
The Adviser Facilities Management provides key technical advice for life-cycle planning, compliance with current NZ standards and the operational delivery of property assets within the region.
This role provides facilities expertise for all of MFATs properties with a focus on Health and Safety, assist in the development and implementation of project management programmes, supervision of contractors and coordination with stakeholders.
• Work with key stakeholders to help define and deliver programme of works including H&S implementation and compliance
• Provide expert technical input into development and implementation of asset life cycle management and TCO, maintenance plans, replacement plans and component life cycles and risk management
• Management of contracts and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations
• Industry technical expert with experience in commercial and residential facilities management within New Zealand & overseas
• Experience in facilities and project management , risk management, Asset life cycle management maintenance and replacement programmes
• Expertise in contractor management with external facilities contracts and consultants
• Sound understanding of commercial and contractual implications
• Experience within the construction industry
Joining MFAT in their Asset Management Division (AMD) team will give you the chance to work on a portfolio in complex environments and work within one of NZ’s leading agencies.
Applications close 21st September 2018.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.