Salary Competitive Salary
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Aaren Fitzgerald
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122019-01-01 public-sector-and-housing 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Exciting opportunity working within core government to develop and maintain programme plans that will enable the organisation to deliver results.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a large central government organisation that delivers policy and services to achieve broader government goals.
About the role:
The programme manager is responsible for defining, overseeing, supervising and assessing multiple long-term projects to ensure the new products or services are delivered on time and on budget in accordance with government arrangements. The purpose of this role is to have an individual who can strategically lead and inspiration their teams to improve the present organisations structures and processes.
• Define the programme strategy and objectives and assesses how these will impact the organisation
• Delivering a management programme to implement that strategy
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all stakeholders and change advisors to implant enduring change within the organisation
• Develop and implement comprehensive programme plans that align with project initiatives and can be effectively managed
• Manage project controls including proactive financial, risk and issue mitigation
• Offering astute and future-focused advice to support leadership decisions about the workspace design and its administration
• Respectable knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
• Confident leadership style to command respect and foster a sense of community amongst project teams
• Robust understanding of the procurement process including third-party negotiation
• Ability to maintain baseline programme management tools relevant to the projects such as planning, monitoring, controlling
Provide leadership and develop strong programme plans to boost the organisations forthcoming goals and aims.
This organisation will look at both intermediate and senior resources for this role. Being proactive and having can do attitude is a must.