Property Project Manager / Tranche Manager
Consultant Jeremy McLeod
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-14 property-and-housing Wellington 56 The Terrace NZ 6011 NZD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Ministry of Social Development https://www.msd.govt.nz/
Join a large scale property programme at the Ministry of Social Development as they enter a critical phase of delivery nationwide.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead Agency for the social sector, who provide policy advice and delivering social services and assistance to over 1 million people from over 250 centres nationwide.
The MSD Property and Facilities group is entering a critical delivery stage of the nationally significant Future State Office Security Environment Project (FSPSE). The FSPSE project will deliver an enhanced interior fit-out to the Ministry’s frontline service centre sites across the country, where the focus is on an increase in physical security at the sites as well as enhancing the client service experience.
Delivery of the service centre fit-outs has been allocated into tranches for this programme and will be implemented within a sustainable delivery model.
About the role:
As the Property Project Manager / Tranche Manager your role is to plan and execute the delivery of their allocated tranches within agreed tolerance levels. This includes leading a geographically diverse team to deliver all the site projects within each tranche, managing key stakeholder relationships to ensure project delivery is seamlessly incorporated into the Ministry’s frontline environments.
- Successful delivery of the second tranche of FSPSE
- Managing a team of regionally based Project Managers
- Effective and comprehensive management including planning, prioritisation and delivery across multiple workstreams within a programme
- Responsibility for resource management, workforce planning and high-level project governance
- Ownership of other potential service delivery projects that may arise
- Proven technical capabilities within the built environment
- Demonstrated experience within the public service project arena
- Extensive experience in managing projects within a property environment
- Proven experience in the management of contract and service level agreements
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking ability
- Strong relationship management skills – ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership experience
- Proven experience in issues management and escalation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to adapt these to suit the needs of the audience particularly within a Government context
This role requires an individual who is a critical thinking, self-starter comfortable navigating large scale and complex Property Projects. While a Price2 qualification is preferred, alternative project management accreditations are welcomed.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy McLeod on +64 (0) 4 471 9718.