Property Leasing Manager
Consultant Beth Wake
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-08 2019-06-07 property-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Exciting opportunity for a Property Leasing Manager to join a high functioning team with a diverse property portfolio.
Our client is ultimately responsible for the protection of public safety in New Zealand. This team manages a diverse property portfolio of over 150 locations across the country, from small community hall offices to 200+ staff operational facilities.
About the role:
The organisation has developed a national property strategy for this portfolio and are looking for a well-established Property Leasing Manager to join their experienced team.
We are interested in speaking to individuals who are proactive, experienced, have unparalleled negotiation abilities and exemplary written/verbal communication skills. You will also be able to take a holistic approach and understand how the decisions you make will impact the wider business.
- Property/Lease Management implementing outcomes from the Property Plans to the highest standards
- Negotiate with landlords and their representatives in order to achieve the best outcomes for the department in line with the realities of the property market
- Ensure all aspects of operational requirements are met and all leased premises are managed in accordance with their respective lease agreements
- Collate and report on all relevant issues relating to the property portfolio
- Provide asset management advice in terms of adhering to all respective legislative requirements for tenancy, sustainability initiatives in relation to design of buildings and associated infrastructure
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all relevant units within the team, group and wider organisation
- At least five years of managing a large property portfolio within a government or corporate environment
- Proven track record of negotiating lease and acquisition agreements, rent reviews and other property related transactions
- Advanced commercial and legislative knowledge in terms of the management of commercial property
- Excellent knowledge and/or appreciation of the principles of energy, sustainability management and asset management planning
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of stakeholders
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Beth Wake on 04 471 9743