Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Jeremy McLeod
Date posted 22 August 20192019-08-22 2019-10-21 property-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Join a highly productive project team at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and deliver on a significant international capital works programme.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) has an international property portfolio of over 100 offices and Official Residencies, that provide facilities for its 250 offshore staff to conduct Government business and operations. The Asset Management Division (AMD) is tasked with leading the strategic and tactical asset planning and management of this exciting international property portfolio.
AMD are currently delivering on a major 10 year capital works programme that is focussed on the improvement of MFAT’s international property portfolio. The Asset Delivery Unit is the team responsible for managing small to large scale, new-build and fit out construction projects across a variety of locations across the world, that will deliver lasting changes to MFAT’s physical locations. With significant projects on the go right now and high volumes of work in the pipeline ahead, MFAT are looking for a Project Manager to join their team.
As the Project Manager your role will be to plan and execute the successful delivery of all allocated projects within a refurb and security upgrade programme of work. You will be managing multiple international projects at any one time, each at differing points of completion and all with their own set of unique challenges. You will be tasked with managing all key stakeholder relationships to ensure delivery is seamless and the Ministry is well informed along the way.
This role represents a unique opportunity for a highly competent Project Manager to significantly contribute to the way MFAT operates internationally from a fit out and construction perspective. Due to the nature of these projects and their location, this role provides a unique mix of the traditional and client-side project management responsibilities. As such MFAT are looking for a delivery focussed, driven individual with strong attention to detail, high level written and verbal communication skills and the resilience and tenacity to drive project success from distance.
- Effective and comprehensive management of all allocated capital works projects within a programme, including detailed project scope, design and implementation
- Preparation of all project documentation to deliver projects within scope, budget and defined timeframes
- Responsibility for resource management, programme planning and high-level project governance specific to the Ministry
- Contribute to the preparation of project Business Cases
- Work collaboratively within the Ministry and other Government departments as well as external project consultants/contractors to ensure effective project delivery
- Assist the Global Development Manager and other colleagues to further develop and refine project management processes and documentation
- Ensure full project compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Extensive experience in managing projects within the built environment, ideally across the private and public sectors in New Zealand
- Clear understanding of property construction delivery methodology and the associated practices and systems
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking ability to implement innovative solutions
- High level relationship management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external (including international)
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to convey complex information logically and concisely to suit the needs of the audience, particularly within a Government context
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Flexibility to travel internationally as required and work outside or normal NZ business hours while in Wellington
- A tertiary qualification within the property sector is desired and International project management experience is advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity with the Ministry to join a growing property project team who deliver multi-faceted, professionally challenging and nationally significant projects across the world.
To be considered you must hold New Zealand citizenship or be a permanent resident, and be able to obtain and maintain appropriate Government Security clearance.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy McLeod on +64 (0) 4 471 9718.