Consultant Jeremy McLeod
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-10-28 property-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 66000 89000 89000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters have partnered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) on an exciting opportunity for a Property Advisor to join the Property Operations team, based in national office in Wellington. DIA’s property portfolio is spread across a variety of different buildings, all with their own set of unique requirements and challenges. Having recently gone through a realignment within their corporate property function, the team is well placed to manage the organisation’s property and facilities in an efficient and fit for purpose manner going forward.
As the Property Advisor you will join the Operations Team which is responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance, facilities contract management and property lease management across the portfolio. The Property Advisor will be primarily focussed on the leased portfolio, including sub-lease negotiation and management, operational management of the tenancies and landlord liaison alongside the Property Manager. Ideally you will bring experience in reading and understanding leases to ensure obligations are being met on both sides.
The role will also involve contribution to the delivery of the operations workplan and property strategy as well as annual budgeting and asset management planning. You will work closely with the Property Coordinator to ensure facilities enquiries are responded to efficiently and resolved to a high standard.
- Provide high quality advice to managers and staff on property related matters
- Support the implementation of the organisation’s property strategy
- Liaise with internal staff, contractors and building owners on maintenance and minor construction matters
- Ensure building compliance through regular safety inspections
- Manage small scale property projects
- Oversee the work of external consultants and vendors
- Experience in the commercial or government property sector
- Experience managing contracts / contractors in a Property environment
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with a customer service approach
- Ability to use initiative with a high level of self-awareness
- Understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with property experience looking to take the next step in their career, working for a large Government department with a unique property portfolio.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy McLeod on +64 (0) 4 471 9718.