Procurement Excellence Specialist
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Sarah Andrew
Date posted 17 January 2017
An opportunity for Procurement Excellence Specialists to drive change throughout the business by engaging with internal stakeholders and facilitate the strategic development needed to implement best practice.
A diverse public body with operations throughout the Auckland region is seeking an experienced procurement excellence professional to join their high performing team.
Reporting to the Procurement Excellence Manager, the key purpose of the role is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation’s procurement processes.
- Develop a fit-for-purpose procurement competency framework and work with individual procurement team members and their managers to assess skill levels against the competency framework
- Develop an annual training programme to address competency gaps
- Deliver or source fit-for- purpose training for the approved programme
- Develop and maintain a change management plan that supports the improvement in procurement capability and performance
- Tertiary degree or equivalent qualification in a business related discipline
- MCIPS (or CIPS Membership or equivalent professional membership)
- Minimum 5 years in a procurement role within a large or complex organisation, including 3 years in an intermediate level role
- Experience in business process improvement, change management, staff training and development and, mentoring
- A good understanding and appreciation of the workings and functions of central or local government, including current and future business drivers and statutory requirements
With ongoing training and development and the ability to work your way up in the company, this is a solid next step for a high achieving professional.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Andrew on 09 374 7348.