Transaction Services Assistant - Guarantees
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 1 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-31 banking Auckland CBD NZ NZD 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This opportunity will suit an organised and methodical individual who is capable with paperwork and at home with processing and bring various stakeholders together.
A large financial services organisation who have a team specialising in forward thinking, open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions.
You will work as part of the bank’s import/export services business and as such participate in the development of relationships and take a proactive, high initiative approach to representing both the bank’s image and the clients’ needs.
- Delivery of trade finance products and services to clients in accordance with agreed service levels
- Execute transactions in accordance with Group controls, financial crime risk, regulatory and sanctions policies
- Ensure processing quality and efficiency, provide technical advisory and client servicing
- Execute complex, higher risk and bespoke transactions
- Interpret and apply international trade conventions
- Exercise judgement to mitigate transactional risks
- Minimum of 5 years experience in trade middle office / operational role.
- Good knowledge of the technical aspects of guarantees and standby DCs, particularly UCP600, ISP98 and URDG
- Experience in issuance, amendment and cancellation of standbys and/or guarantees.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and implement solutions, including liaising with external clients.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be organised, a team player, possess a high level of interpersonal skills, accuracy, commonsense and initiative.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with an organised and methodical approach to their work to join a bank who boast the largest trade and receivables banking business globally. This is a massive growth industry given the new access to countries and economies with whom to trade and as such will provide invaluable experience and a great platform for the future.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.