Risk & Compliance Manager
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-12 banking Auckland CBD Auckland NZ NZD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is a great opportunity for an individual with superior risk and compliance nous and strong financial services experience to join a large insurance organisation.
This organisation is a leading insurance business here in New Zealand and overseas.
You will be responsible for providing an effective second line of defence risk and compliance function for the company. You will also help the company in managing its risks and compliance obligations appropriately and contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of business activities and decision making. This is a very broad role which will cover Risk associated with People, Operational, Financial, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery matters.
- Ensure that all frameworks, policies and systems are managed and continuously improved
- Help different business units manage their risk
- Stay informed with latest developments to relevant regulation and apply to the business appropriately
- Preparation of board reports, working with Legal Counsel and CFO
- Liaison with internal auditors
- Financial Services experience
- Considerable track record of success in an Operational or Enterprise risk role/s or Compliance developing risk frameworks and policies
- Ability to work in a standalone role and broad role
- Not a must but candidates with a systems implementation would be helpful
Take ownership of the Risk and Compliance function within a large insurance business that likes to empower their staff. Nothing at the company stands still for too long; they pride themselves on their ability to change with the times and with their customers in mind.