Senior Manager Regulatory Liaison
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 banking 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters
Seeking strong compliance professional who can contribute to Line 2 governance reporting provided to management, the board and regulators.
This will be working for a New Zealand bank.
Within the Line 2 compliance team and you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the processes and frameworks that support the Banks compliance with licensing and prudential requirements and supporting their implementation across business units.
- Develop and maintain a bank-wide view of the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance with monitoring of licensing and prudential frameworks and obligations.
- Perform any other initiatives as required to support the Head of Compliance and the wider Compliance and Risk teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice to ensure prudential and licensing requirements are embedded, and the control environment is robust.
- Review and challenge the design effectiveness of Line 1 testing of compliance controls to confirm controls are achieving the objective of mitigating relevant compliance risks.
- Provide advice in relation to related issues and incidents and their impact on the compliance risk profile.
- Review and challenge business assessments, root causes, actions and closures of issues/incidents as they relate to prudential and licensing activities.
- Maintain key regulatory obligations library as they relate to prudential and licensing activities and facilitate on-going implementation into business units risk management programs.
- Proactively identify areas of prudential risk and work with business units to identify and remediate control gaps.
- Manage bank-wide attestations and reporting associated with regulatory or prudential obligations.
- Liaise with Regulatory Affairs where necessary in response to correspondence from regulators and onsite reviews.
- Lead technical working groups and manage projects and initiatives on the application of prudential or licensing requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain bank-wide guidance and training material on relevant regulation and policy.
- Develop subject matter expertise within the team and disseminate it to business and risk partners.
- Develop and coach team members to drive increased performance and capability.
- 7+ years banking, legal or risk management background,
- Project management and technical expertise
- Experience within medium to large financial services organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications
- Professional or postgraduate qualification e.g. risk and compliance would be advantageous
Be part of a dynamic; highly committed company that loves what they do and value their employees.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.