Corporate Credit Risk Manager
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 17 April 20192019-05-08 2019-06-16 banking Auckland Auckland 188 Quay Street, Auckland NZ NZD 100000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Seeking a Credit Manager that produces quality and accurate credit analysis and corporate customers loan assessments.
This role involves working for a global bank.
The Credit Manager will be the subject matter expert and assist, develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices.
Must have Local New Zealand Corporate Lending experience.
- Bring strong local knowledge, lending assessment skills and experience to broaden the depth of credit and risk management of an NZ company
- Assess the overall creditworthiness of funding applications (commercial, corporate, institutional and syndicated loans and trade finance facilities)
- Make recommendations for structuring lending facilities that mitigate risks and facilitate customer solutions that contribute to sustainable business growth through balancing risk and return
- Make recommendations to the Credit Risk Committee and/or Board Risk Committee on individual credit applications
- Lead development of technical, credit and risk management capabilities of bank staff and associated sales teams through coaching, mentoring and outcome-based training
- Provide active input on the management of the overall lending portfolio including early identification of industry and/or individual customer deterioration to proactively identify and remedy emerging high-risk customers and/or concentrations
- Act as a subject matter expert and assist develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices
- Build and maintain multiple internal and external relationships in order to maintain expert level knowledge of current and emerging risk environments
- Interact knowledgeably about legal related lending issues and be able to confidently negotiate with a wide range of professionals
- Provide guidance and support regarding loan drawdown check, credit files management and other post lending monitoring work
- Tertiary qualification
- Financial analysis and modelling experience
- Corporate lending or loan processing experience preferred
- Risk customer assessment experience (beneficial)
- Experience of distressed loan management and corporate loan recovery management (desired, but not a requirement)
- Knowledge of business-related securities and legislation
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.