Retail Credit Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-30 2019-12-20 financial-services CBD Auckland CBD NZ NZD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Retail Credit Manager that produces credit analysis and Retail loan assessment and assist with the portfolio management function to proactively identify and remedy emerging high risk customers or concentrations.
The Retail Credit Manager will be the subject matter expert and assist, develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices.
Must have Local New Zealand Mortgage/Retail Lending experience.
- Enrich the knowledge and experience of local residential property market and maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends and aspects that may affect the housing portfolio and individual at-risk customers.
- Fully understand local regulatory requirements and Group credit framework on retail lending to ensure implement and compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Review and/or suggest policy amendments to ensure housing loan policies are clear, concise and relevant with current market practices and outlook while meeting all regulatory requirements, and assist develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices in terms of retail lending.
- Participate in the New Product Committee discussion where appropriate to provide advisory support for launch of new retail lending products and services.
- Assess the overall creditworthiness of funding applications (mainly personal/retail loans, while occasionally business and SME loans and facilities also if necessary) and make recommendations for structuring lending facilities that mitigate risks as well as facilitate customer solutions.
- Utilise experience to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and enhance revenue, monitor the retail credit portfolio and ensure the asset quality within risk limits of the bank.
- Make recommendations to the Credit Risk Committee and/or Board Risk Committee on individual credit applications where appropriate.
- Provide active input on the management of the overall lending portfolio including early identification of industry and/or individual customer deterioration to proactively identify and remedy emerging high risk customers and/or concentrations.
- Build and maintain multiple internal and external relationships, interact knowledgeably about legal related lending issues and be able to confidently negotiate with a wide range of professionals.
- Assist and support the preparation of credit risk related reports (to the senior management, Board, HO and RBNZ if necessary) and the management of retail credit files.
- Take a leading role in monitoring the quality of housing loan origination and management to ensure bad debt ratio of housing loan portfolio is minimised and maintained within the limit ratio through various approaches.
- Experience of distressed loan management and recovery management is desired, but not required.
- Excellent skills and understanding of retail lending products, risk boundaries, assessment tools and market practices.
- Minimum of 5 years banking experience required in China or New Zealand in similar roles.
- Risk Customer assessment experience (beneficial)
- Knowledge of business-related securities and legislation
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.