Senior Manager Risk and Compliance
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-15 banking Auckland CBD NZ NZD 140000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Reporting to the Head of Risk, Compliance and Conduct.
This will be working for a major New Zealand bank
Senior Manager Risk and Compliance with strong leadership and advisory skills to be able to provide provision of quality front line risk management and evolving compliance risk and control frameworks, product governance, risk analysis, acceptances and reporting.
- Provision of on-going compliance management support including FAA, FMCA, SOX & CCCFA compliance.
- Support CC&I leadership by providing expert review, challenge and advice on compliance risk related matters facilitating a strong, embedded risk culture that optimises risk / reward decision making and supports the delivery of the business’s strategic objectives.
- Identify, assess, manage and monitor compliance risks to improve the CC&I risk profile using tools consistent with Company and Company Group.
- Influence business ownership of compliance risk, advocating heightened awareness and maturity on all regulatory requirements and also provide ‘hands on’ practical help support and guidance.
- Analyse the impact of emerging or potential regulatory or compliance risk issues and develop mitigation strategies and strengthen controls where required.
- Engagement as risk adviser with new products and processes.
- Undertake one-off projects/pieces of work.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Continued enhancement of CC&I’s risk profile, including focus on emerging risks and improving the risk management maturity of the business across multiple dimensions.
- Maintain and enhance all regulatory and compliance quality assurance control testing and oversight.
- Monitor risk training requirements and self-assessment activity for CC&I staff specifically mandatory modules.
- Support and develop two highly knowledgeable and accomplished direct reports, capitalising on experience and training obtained from significant exposure to risk management methodologies.
- To build and maintain networks with peers in other business units in order to ensure consistency across Company.
- Head of Risk, Compliance and Conduct, CC&I
- Compliance and Operational Risk Teams (2 LOD)
- Group Assurance and Credit Assurance
- Peers in risk management professions
- Representatives from Regulators
- External auditors
- International Banks
- Third parties impacted by Company incidents
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant business field
- 6+ years within the financial services area
- 6+ years people management experience
- Extensive experience in the risk management fields
- NZ financial services industry knowledge (Essential).
- Knowledge of Economic and Trade Sanctions obligations (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of conflicts of interest management (Preferred).
- Have the ability to communicate with, consult and advise senior management and be able influence the business to ensure compliance with risk policies and guidelines
- General knowledge and understanding of Commercial, Agribusiness, Corporate and Institutional businesses (Preferred).
- Negotiation skills (Essential).
- Familiar with the Three Lines of Defence operating model (Preferred).
Opportunity to join an ever-growing company passionate about people and takes pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in communities, who will invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your on-going learning and development.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.