Senior Manager Credit Policy and Portfolio Management
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-04-13 banking Auckland CBD NZ NZD 150000 190000 190000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
You will be a Senior Leader and hold a position of considerable influence; and be responsible for leading Credit policy for the bank.
Working with a major New Zealand bank, the Senior Manager, Credit Policy and Portfolio Management, is a senior leader within the Risk function and holds a position of considerable influence across the organisation. Leading credit policy for the bank, the role will ensure that our policy anticipates and responds to these challenges, while delivering a sound portfolio that protects Company's long-term profitability.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Insights and Managing a team of highly experience and knowledgeable professionals (7 Direct reports) you will be a Senior Leader and hold a position of considerable influence; and be responsible for leading Credit policy for the bank.
- Recommending appropriate credit risk appetite settings for all asset classes.
- Determining credit and lending policies that support the business's strategic objectives and are in line with the Board’s risk appetite.
- Partnering with the business to drive continuous improvement in Bank's credit risk management maturity.
- Developing, monitoring and reporting portfolio-level key risk indicators to ensure that changing patterns and concentrations of risk/reward are identified early and appropriately responded to.
- Maintaining effective governance, record keeping and reporting of credit policies, credit authorities and processes to satisfy internal and external assurance requirements.
- Representing the team and reporting on and explaining the portfolio’s credit risk dynamics, to a range of stakeholders including senior management, regulators, the Company’s Board, rating agencies and others.
- Contributes proactively and constructively to the Risk Leadership and Business forums to achieve alignment and identify/share best practice opportunities.
- Ensures employees understand their responsibilities to comply with relevant control related standards and organisation's policies.
- Support the key stakeholders in ensuring appropriate compliance to local and global regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all workplace policies and procedures are complied with to meet legislative requirements and our commitment to employees.
- Role models constructive leadership to create and sustain a vision and culture of continuous improvement where people strive for success.
- Drives and promote a high-performance culture that embodies achievement, teamwork and integrity, and enables a diverse workforce to reach its full potential.
- Ensures efficient ways of working creating consistency, accuracy and quality of outputs are delivered through challenging existing processes and methodology striving to improve current procedures.
Industry and Community Influence
- Future ready: Maintains industry contacts and represent Bank in order to remain up to date with the latest developments and innovations in banking.
- Sustainability: Ensuring that ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) issues are incorporated into credit policy settings.
- Responsible lending: Ensuring customers receive the product and service that matches their requirements and circumstances so that we are protecting and treating our customers fairly on an individual needs basis.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant business field
- Significant (10+ years) experience in Risk Management or Credit roles.
- Significant Credit Policy experience is required
- Analytically minded.
- Understands the role Credit plays in relation to key drivers of business performance and ability to influence the business to ensure Credit Risk processes and policies are adhered to
- Willing and eager to seek an analytical framework for the policy work they are doing (direction of policy)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, consult and advise executive and external industry and government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to provide performance uplift as an inspiring leader of leaders
Opportunity to join an ever-growing company passionate about people and takes pride in building teams that reflect the diversity in communities, who will invest in your growth and empower you to take ownership of your on-going learning and development.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.