NZ Sales Manager
Salary + competitive salary
Consultant Sindy Ward
Date posted 1 May 20192019-05-01 2019-06-30 sales Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
API is a world-class company, exporting many of its brands around the globe. Focused on delivering high-quality NZ made products and brands to the grocery and pharmacy channels, some of their consumer and OTC brands include Only Good, Health Basics, Pharmacy Health, Paracare and Home Essentials. They also supply and contract manufacture for many other companies, utilizing an advanced toiletry manufacturing facility and state-of-the-art pharmaceutical plant both based in Manukau.
About the role
Reporting to the ANZ Head of Sales for Healthcare, this NZ Sales Manager position will be managing the B2B channel which includes NZ grocery accounts and pharmacy retailers and wholesalers. You will ensure that sales and cost budgets are met and manage sales and category plans for NZ Healthcare products in these key accounts. This is a newly created position with great opportunity to grow a business segment with immense potential.
- Develop account plans that optimise trade spend and grow sales with nominated accounts
- Assist in the development & growth of the ‘Pharmacy Health’, ‘Paracare’ and ‘Medco’ brands in the NZ grocery and pharmacy markets
- Negotiate with suppliers / manufacturers on pricing of tender lines
- Effective key account management by driving sales, marketing and NPD to optimise value
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports – key accounts and sales support staff along with guiding a field team
- 5 years sales management experience within the FMCG grocery / pharmacy channel
- Over 10 years experience in wider FMCG positions, preferably with strong head office grocery relationships
- Proven sales and business development experience in a manufacturer
- Strong financial management capabilities – forecasting, pricing, margin management
- Advanced Excel skills, strong IT literacy, exposure to Aztec/Nielsen scan data
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder engagement skills
If this sounds like you or you want to have a confidential chat, please get in touch with Sindy Ward. Be part of API’s great team and on-going vision that they are “Enriching lives as the most inspirational choice for health, beauty and wellbeing”. http://www.api.net.nz/
All external applications for this position through API will be redirected to Robert Walters for assessment and selection. Robert Walters' reviews all CV's manually and you will be contacted if your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sindy Ward on 09 374 7328.