Property & Commercial Collections Manager
Consultant Kate Corkery
Date posted 10 January 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Take ownership and make this role your own while on the journey of making Avanti the most well-known lending company in NZ.
Avanti has been helping New Zealander’s secure new opportunities and solve problems for over 20 years. With a strong customer focus Avanti is all about ensuring the quality of their service to bring results. Their portfolios sit across business & personal loans, mortgages, finance, insurance and SME investments.
You will be responsible for the performance of the property and commercial (GetCaptial) portfolio. This will include organizing, planning, directing, performance management and all operations of the Collections Department
The property portfolio encompasses a range of products where property is used as security for a loan, this will include 1st Mortgages, 2nd Mortgages, Interest only loans and Personal Loans secured by a caveat.
- Management of day to day operations of the property collections team including the allocations of resources and workflow.
- Management, support, coaching and training of staff.
- Monitoring portfolio performance in line with guidelines to the ensure team meet key targets e.g.: ageing, account status, customer contact, lending referrals.
- Timely management of PLA action within agreed procedures and legal requirements.
- Handling complaints in accordance with policy and procedures
- Identifying and communicating areas of risk and managing to minimise charge offs.
- Undertaking proactive analysis, interpretation of portfolio data and processes and providing feedback and opportunities for improvements
- Customer focus: Recognise the importance of external and internal customers. Works with staff to better understand and anticipate their needs promptly, accurately and efficiently.
- Results Focus: Respond well to challenges. Clarifies and communicates individual and team requirements. Will attempt to make things happen in order to achieve results and targets set by self and others.
- Teamwork: Provide advice and support to others and is able to take advice and feedback from others. Runs regular in team meetings, discussions and activities. Promotes continuous improvement with in the team and wider company
- Ability to manage 4 direct reports
- 3-5 years of team leader experience (ideally in finance or property services)
- Flexibility and ability to work with change
- Prior knowledge and understanding of current laws and policies
- Strong leadership and supervisory abilities
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Initiative & problem solving
- Confidence & resilience to be able to make the hard decisions
Avanti is going through a change to become more customer centric and they want you to help lead the change within the organisation to meet this goal. It is a positive work environment with full training and development provided. Great career progression opportunities available.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Kate Corkery on 09 374 7344.