Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Kate Corkery
Date posted 26 November 2018 2018-11-262019-01-25 admin-and-secretarial 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Varied role for a high-calibre EA looking for a new challenge. Work with your head and your heart, in an organisation that truly engages with its whanau
About the company:
The Ngāti Whātua Orākei Trust is the governance body for Auckland iwi, Ngāti Whātua Orākei. The Trust (through the Trustee and Elected Representatives) is responsible for protecting and managing the assets of the Trust for the benefit of members.
Through its subsidiaries, the Trust manages a property portfolio worth over $1 billion and provides a range of services and benefits to whanau members across education, health and wellbeing, financial literacy, cultural development, environment and digital. More information can be found on the website at: www.ngatiwhatuaorakei.com. Work for a truly purpose-led Maori organisation that is focussed on improving the lives of whanau today and creating a bright future for our mokopuna.
About the role:
With a newly-appointed CEO, an exciting opportunity has been created for someone to support the Board and CEO to help shape their head office functions. This role is new to the Trust and provides the opportunity for the right person to make a huge difference.
The role will be challenging and varied, but at the heart will be ensuring the effective running of the office administration and processes necessary for a significant governance entity as well as being the ‘go to’ support for the CEO and Board. You will be instrumental in the establishment and functioning of the Trust Office, including taking ownership for the facilities, resources, IT, documentation and related compliance elements.
• Diary and travel management for the CEO and Board members
• Organisation of board meetings and collation of minutes & reports
• Event organisation for internal and external events
• Developing and maintaining key relationships with key stakeholders
• Other ad hoc administration duties and special projects when required
• 5+ years EA experience at a senior level
• Experience working with a Board of Directors
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Initiative and proactiveness to work autonomously
• Ability to manage priorities and multi task
• Strong relationship building skills and confidence in dealing with people
Fluency in Te Reo advantageous but not a requirement, however must be open to learning and improving Te Reo capability
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Kate Corkery on 09 374 7344.