Salary Competitive Salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Hannah Pallikaros
Date posted 23 March 2017
Be the Personal Assistant who makes a difference and provide consistent and dependable personal, secretarial and administrative support services for a charismatic and dynamic General Manager at DIA.
Department of Internal Affairs purpose is to serve and connect people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation.
About the role:
This role sits within the Commercial Strategy and Delivery (CSD) business group within the Service and System Transformation Group branch. It is responsible for developing and implementing ICT sourcing strategies to achieve Government outcomes.
- Provide efficient and effective personal assistance to the General Manager.
- Manage their diary, taking into account their priorities and workload, and any travel arrangements
- Manage the drafting and preparation of letters, presentations, reports, briefings and minutes as required by the Manager
- Manage the flow of all Managers’ correspondence including identifying and escalating urgent issues and ensuring timely responses and communications, on behalf of the manager as appropriate
- Coordinate management team meetings
- Take minutes of management meetings and ensure allocation of action points
- Process all invoices by requesting purchase orders, checking invoices, coding and arranging for appropriate sign-off
- Reconcile purchase card (P-Card) transactions
- Prepare financial returns and reports as required
- Proven experience in providing efficient and effective administration services
- Demonstrated experience and advanced level of skills in a range of desktop applications, particularly Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience managing high volumes of work within tight timeframes, to required quality standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organising and prioritisation skills and ability to be proactive and flexible
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
This is the opportunity for someone with a great attitude to get involved in a dynamic team and step up. This will open up opportunities to work within projects and other areas outside of the regular Personal Assistant duties and the chance to grow your administrative career.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Hannah Pallikaros on 04 471 9732.