Legal Personal Assistant - Family Law
Consultant Chloe Sabbadin
Date posted 28 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-27 admin-and-secretarial Christchurch Canterbury 328 Durham Street, Christchurch NZ 8013 NZD 60000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are looking for a Legal Secretary/Personal Assistant with a background in Family Matters.
We are looking for a Legal Personal Assistant specialised in Family Law for an up and coming Christchurch Partner. Well-recognised long-standing Christchurch firm, their newest partner specialising in Family Matters has taken the business to the next level. Growing the division faster and more successfully than originally anticipated, time has come for them to get some much-needed help in order to continue providing The most excellent level of service to their clients.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the partner in all matters of family law. You will essentially be the extension of the Partner, representing them at all times.
- Dictaphone typing, document formatting and document management, archiving and maintenance
- Performing administrative duties as required, communicating with clients and managing diary
- Serving affidavits and drafting documents while understanding family courts processes and requirements.
- Sound experience as a legal PA in a Family team or experience as a secretary or assistant in a Family Court
- Great communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to develop a rapport with others externally and internally
- Problem-solving skills and ability to deal with difficult situations, identify problems, evaluate options and select the best solution
- Attention to detail and ability to learn and work independently: you can be given a set of instructions and run with it
- You understand family courts procedures and can anticipate moves, and take initiative as needed.
A salary between $60K and $70K negotiable depending on your experience are on offer for the right candidate. You will get the opportunity to build the division with the partner and take the firm to the next level. Your role will be pivotal in the firm!
Robert Walters New Zealand is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.