Salary Competitive Salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Stephanie Lyons
Date posted 29 November 2016
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Executive to join a small and focused team and grow your career
About the role:
Robert Walters is representing one of New Zealand’s largest Trustee organisations in their search for a Legal Executive to contribute to the effective operation of the Trust Solicitor Team. Based in Lower Hutt, you will be joining a professional and supportive team who will provide you with an interesting and varied work environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with previous experience as a Legal Executive with Conveyancing experience, whose attention to detail and proven organisational ability will be invaluable to the day to day running of the team.
- Ensure that conveyancing work carried out is monitored for adherence to and compliance with professional standards as determined by both external and internal requirements
- Contribute to the effective administration of customer contracts by the provision of high quality input and advice which adds value to customer relationships
- Capable of managing conveyancing contracts from inception through to settlement and preparation of reporting letters, including trust re-mortgaging.
- Advise on and prepare miscellaneous conveyancing documents (largely transmissions, transmissions by survivorship, JFH applications and cancellations, discharges of mortgage and other legal related work).
- Provide advice to Trustees; draft and edit documents; and approve documents within delegated authority in relation to some or all of the following;
- Other related work, for example miscellaneous deeds such as deeds of surrender and family arrangements.
- Ensure that any Wills work carried out is monitored for adherence to and compliance with professional standards as determined by both external and internal requirements and discuss problems with Trustees
- Previous experience as a Legal Executive or Secretary in the Conveyancing area
- High level of secretarial and administration experience
- Previous experience with Conveyancing essential
- Sound technical knowledge
- The ability to manage priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to build strong relationships and a commitment to team culture
- A proactive, enthusiastic attitude
The organisation values its staff and is committed to maintaining a great team culture. This opportunity is perfect for someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys variety and is not afraid to work hard.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Stephanie Lyons on 04 471 9731.