Corporate Legal Executive
Salary Competitive Remuneration
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Grainne McQuaid
Date posted 4 December 20192019-12-04 2020-02-02 legal Wellington Central Wellington Willis Street NZ 6011 NZD 65000 90000 90000 YEAR Chorus New Zealand https://www.chorus.co.nz/ https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/CHORUS.png
Chorus are proud to be New Zealand’s largest telecommunications infrastructure company. They deliver high quality infrastructure to help New Zealand grow and give Kiwis access to a world of opportunity.
Chorus truly value Authenticity, Curiosity, Collaboration and Courage, and in an ever-changing world they are looking for innovative people to live these values. Chorus are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Corporate Legal Executive to join their General Counsel’s Office (GCO).
The GCO is accountable for: legal (commercial, corporate, regulatory and competition), company secretariat, internal audit, risk and compliance for Chorus.
About the role:
- Board meeting planning and preparation, including preparation of agendas, minute templates, administration of the electronic Board portal and compilation of board books
- Support meeting Chorus’ Companies Office obligations by filing documents for the Chorus group e.g. annual returns and annual confirmations, and updating company information
- Stock exchanges - loading Chorus’ announcements for release to market on NZX & ASX
- Support financial and other reporting processes – annual reports along with half and full year results
- Help the Compliance Manager by assisting with policies and compliance processes
- Maintaining company records and other duties as required
- A proven track record of delivering in a Legal Executive or legal support role, preferably in a corporate environment
- An understanding of basic business law and compliance requirements
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to adapt to change and identify efficiencies
- Technology savvy and a great eye for processes - experience with electronic Board portals and stock exchange platforms preferred
- The ability to be discrete and show good judgement when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with all Chorus people including the Executive and Board
What they offer:
Chorus offer a competitive remuneration package, a generous insurance package, an extensive Wellbeing Programme with focus on mental, financial, career and physical wellbeing all coupled with ongoing learning and development. Chorus values its people and provides the tools and support to enable flexible working.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Grainne McQuaid on 04 471 9740.