As a Robert Walters contractor you have a range of contracting options to choose from. In choosing the right option for you, you need to consider your personal and financial circumstances. We strongly recommend that you obtain your own independent financial and tax advice before you determine the most suitable contracting option for you.
1. Contracting on a Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) basis, either as:
- Option 1A - PAYE Contractor without Contractor Benefits
- Option 1B - PAYE Contractor with Contractor Benefits
2. Contracting as an indpendent contractor (IC), either as:
- Option 2A - IC without Contractor Benefits
- Option 2B - IC with Contractor Benefits
3. Contracting through a Management Company
This option is where Robert Walters manages all aspects of your payroll administration and related compliance requirements.
Option A: PAYE Contractor without benefits
Robert Walters will take care of the following on your behalf:
- Processing your pay (on a weekly basis)
- Payment for annual leave, Kiwisaver, Bereavement and sick leave
- Workers' compensation insurance coverage
You will not have access to the additional employment benefits outlined in Option B
Option B: PAYE Contractor with benefits
In addition to the services outlined in Option A, PAYE contractors who elect to pay a small service fee will also receive the following additional employment benefits as long as you are contracting through Robert Walters:
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance: these insurances are not required by law but give you the benefit of additional insurance coverage and assurance in the event that you are directly or indirectly involved in a peronal injury or negligence claim at a client site while engaged through Robert Walters. This insurance is not for the benefit of Robert Walters, but for you.
- Partner benefits: special access to discounted rates and benefits as part of Robert Walters corporate program with it's partners including:
- RSCA Corporate membership benefits: access to various discounts and benefits as part of Robert Walters corporate membership, including lifestyle, travel & holiday, telco and IT, car, insurance, and finance benefits.
- Foreign Exchange: discounts through XE
- Les Mills: discounted gym membership rates
- Additional benefits are listed here