A Brand Manager is responsible for adapting a brand strategy for a company's target market.
As the 'brand guardian', they maintain brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications and may manage a portfolio of products.
There is currently strong demand for brand managers, particularly those with FMCG experience.
Key responsibilities may include
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition
- Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launch
- Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items
- Competitor analysis
- Customer insights analysis
- Analysis of sales forecasts and relevant financials
- Reporting on product sales
What qualifications do I need?
Brand Managers tend to be degree qualified with a relevant major and/or have several years' demonstrable marketing experience in a similar environment.
Key personal attributes for a successful Brand Manager include:
- Brand awareness - a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix
- Determination and perseverance
- Relationship management
- Results focused
- Business acumen
Brand managers can expect to earn between circa $75-120k.
Download Robert Walters' Salary Checker App for comparative sales and marketing salaries across 24 countries or check the Global Robert Walters Salary Survey 2015.
Magic CV Words
Relationship management, brand marketing, leadership, brand strategy.
Brand manager career prospects
Brand managers can progress to marketing manager or marketing director positions. Browse the brand manager jobs we are currently recruiting in Auckland and Wellington.